Do you get the oil changed in your car? If so, then you know the importance of maintenance for the longevity of your vehicle. If you don’t change the oil regularly, your engine will eventually seize up and you won’t have a car to drive anymore.
Similarly, your exercise equipment needs maintenance and care even if it is under warranty. In the past, your treadmill or elliptical may not have gotten much use. But now that most offices, schools and activities are virtual, more time is being spent working out at home by multiple members of the family versus in the gym. Simply stated, wear-and-tear is happening more rapidly than normal.
Preventive maintenance involves lubricating joints, tightening bolts, checking alignment, inspecting the overall machine and identifying potential issues before they become big expensive problems.
Based on our training and experience, this is the maintenance frequency we recommend:
- Once a year for moderate usage
- Twice a year for use two to three times per week
- Quarterly for daily usage or usage multiple times a day
Here are reasons to consider a preventive maintenance contract:
- Due to Covid-19, your equipment may be getting more use than ever before.
- Older or refurbished equipment may have hidden problems that can be identified and repaired before they lead to additional breakdowns and more expensive repairs.
- Belts and other areas need to be lubricated regularly and sweat can damage the consoles, cause rust and damage walking belts.
- Proper maintenance will extend the life of the machine.
- Regular maintenance means increased safety for the whole family.
We are flexible and will work with you to determine the best plan for you or your family’s usage levels. Call your local office to learn more.