Central, New Jersey
Attention Mechanical Techs and AC Techs:
Job starts immediately, Mon- Fri 8 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. plus some overtime during the busy season. We need a tech who can hit the ground running, making repairs on fitness equipment in customer’s homes and fitness facilities. MECHANICAL/APPLIANCE REPAIR AND/OR ELECTRICAL EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED, but experience with fitness equipment is not required. Full training provided. We will teach you how to diagnose and fix problems. After training, you will be working independently and on your own.
Ideal candidate Will Already Have:
- Smart Phone or tablet, and home computer.
- Experience with a wide assortment of mechanical hand tools.
- Experience working with a multi-meter.
- A reliable vehicle in your name to get to work (registration may be requested.)
- Clean driving record and criminal record (non-negotiable.)
- Own a set of tools.
Necessary Personal Qualifications:
- Honest, responsible, RELIABLE, efficient, neat appearance, hard worker.
- Extremely professional customer service, both on the phone and in-person.
- ABOVE AVERAGE computer abilities. (Easily handling spreadsheets, email attachments, and file organization, finding parts online, etc.)
- Abundant experience working with small hand tools and a multimeter.
- Self-starter, independent, extremely organized, clear communicator.
- Logical and clear-minded approach to mechanical/electrical problems.
- Physical strength. This is not usually heavy labor, but on occasion, you will need a lot of arm/back/leg strength, and the ability to move/manipulate awkward, heavy equipment by yourself.
- You must be teachable and a quick learner. Intelligence and organization are needed for this job.
$17 – $20/hr based on experience. Pay increases can be slow or fast, depending on how fast you learn. 1.5x overtime paid for anything over 40 hours/week.
IF YOU’VE READ THIS ENTIRE DESCRIPTION and meet the requirements, please send your resume and a cover letter to David Musyimi explaining why you would be a good employee for us.
About Fitness Machine Technicians:
Fitness Machine Technicians services and repairs exercise equipment in both retail and commercial settings.