COVID UPDATE: Yes, we are still open and very busy! Our clients understand that we try to maintain social distancing, and we are wearing masks on the job.
If you are ok with going into people’s homes, this is a unique opportunity for you to get into the express lane for an interview.
We are a fitness equipment repair company, looking for a technician who lives in or near Wilmington, DE. Please read this entire job description carefully.
Job starts immediately. Full Time, 40 hours/week plus some overtime during the busy season. We need a tech who can hit the ground running, making repairs on fitness equipment in customer’s homes and fitness facilities. MECHANICAL AND/OR ELECTRICAL EXPERIENCE is preferred, but experience with fitness equipment is not required. Full training provided. We will teach you how to diagnose and fix problems. After training, you will be working independently and on your own.
The Ideal Candidate Will Already Have:
- Experience with a wide assortment of mechanical hand tools
- Experience working with a multi-meter.
- A reliable vehicle in your name to get to work (registration may be requested)
- clean driving record and criminal record (non-negotiable).
Necessary Personal Qualifications:
- Honest, responsible, RELIABLE, efficient, neat appearance, hard worker
- Extremely professional customer service, both on the phone and in-person
- Above average computer skills. (Easily handling spreadsheets, email attachments and file organization, finding parts online, etc)
- Abundant experience working with hand tools
- Self-starter, independent, extremely organized, clear communicator.
- Logical and clear-minded approach to mechanical/electrical problems.
- Physical strength. This is not usually heavy labor, but on occasion, you will need a lot of arm/back/leg strength, and the ability to move/manipulate awkward, heavy equipment by yourself.
- You must be teachable and a quick learner. Intelligence and organization is needed for this job.
Up to $17/hr to start if you have experience. $14/hour for those with no experience in the industry ($10/hr orientation pay for first 2-4 weeks, plus a bonus equal to $4 per orientation hour if you are still with us in 3 months). Pay increases can be slow or fast, depending on how fast you learn. 1.5x overtime paid for anything over 40 hours/week. Every tech is given a company vehicle for work use only.
IF YOU’VE READ THIS ENTIRE DESCRIPTION and meet the requirements, please send your resume by email and a cover letter/email note to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would be a good employee for us.