Orange County , CA
Fitness Machine Technicians of Orange County is growing and seeking a customer service-oriented, self-motivated service technician to join our team!
You will be performing installation, troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance on all brands of fitness equipment in both residential and commercial settings, and building partnerships with our customers utilizing concise and timely communication, fast and efficient service, and consistent follow-through.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Follow prescribed schedule and travel to customer locations, communicating status with customers and management.
Research and maintain familiarity with customer equipment to be serviced as needed, utilizing all available resources, including manufacturers’ training, documentation, and technical support, consultation with team members, and other reputable sources.
Identify and maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area at the customer site.
Utilize standard hand tools, as well as any applicable specialized industry tools, researching their proper usage when needed.
Install and/ or de-install equipment per manufacturer instructions and customer specifications.
Identify and diagnose reported and unreported issues with equipment, identify any parts or repair services needed and make recommendations to remediate and restore full functionality.
Clearly document and communicate findings with customers and management, both verbally and through the use of service management software.
Accept customer payments, and securely manage the transfer to management.
Communicate any health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to management.
Maintain consistent cleanliness and organization of vehicle, and manage inventory of tools, parts, and supplies to facilitate operational efficiency.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Comprehension and articulation of instructions, diagrams, and technical documents.
- Computer literacy, including service management and productivity software on pc and mobile platforms.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Organization, planning, and time management.
- Ability to manipulate or lift awkward or heavy equipment up to 100 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior mechanical and electrical experience required.
- Fitness equipment experience preferred.
Full Time or Part Time position available.
- $16 – $22/hr depending on experience. Pay increases based on performance.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave