Los Angeles Coast, California
Fitness Machine Technicians of LA Coast is looking for Field Service Technicians (Techs) to perform both repair and preventative maintenance on all brands of fitness equipment. Need to be able to start within two weeks of the job offer.
COVID UPDATE: Our clients understand that we try to maintain social distancing, and we are wearing masks and shoe covers on the job.
Techs will be required to travel to commercial and consumer locations. Techs independently diagnose and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues, perform scheduled preventative maintenance, and complete timely and accurate documentation of the work performed. Techs support the company and customers by developing and maintaining customer relationships.
Perform general fitness equipment repairs with high attention to detail, including but not limited to: treadmill belt replacements, small drive motors, understand voltage readings on all components, equipment consoles, perform stationary bike calibrations, and assemble/disassemble equipment.
- Perform all electronic and mechanical troubleshooting and diagnostics of fitness equipment.
- Communicate thoughtfully, clearly, and professionally with customers.
- Manage a daily routine of service calls and perform repairs as assigned.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and adhere to assigned performance protocols.
- Complete reports and paperwork as needed for daily job tasks.
- Provide detailed reporting on equipment problems in the field.
- Maintain a proper inventory of spare parts.
- Maintain company supplied vehicle in good working order.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a mechanical or electrical maintenance/trade position
- Experience repairing fitness equipment is preferred, but not required; Full training provided.
- Candidates must possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license, a clean driving record and
successfully complete a background check, drug screening, and motor vehicle record check.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation.
- Techs may be required to use their own smartphone and hand tools.
Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Start at Part-time (20 – 25 hours per week/flexible schedule)
- $20/hour for initial pay. Can be higher with experience that directly translates to higher qualifications. Pay will increase as you gain experience.
- Paid National Holidays.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.