Inland Empire, CA
Fitness Machine Technicians of Inland Empire is looking for Field Service Technicians to perform both repair and preventive maintenance on all brands of fitness equipment.
This position will start as part-time, developing into full-time positions in the future.
This position requires travel to commercial and consumer locations. Techs independently diagnose and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues, perform scheduled preventive maintenance, and complete timely and accurate documentation of the work performed. Techs support the company and customers by developing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Perform general fitness equipment repairs with high attention to detail, including but not limited to treadmill belt replacements, small drive motors, understanding voltage readings on all components, equipment consoles, perform stationary bike calibrations, and assemble/disassemble equipment.
- Perform all electronic and mechanical troubleshooting and diagnostics of fitness equipment.
- Communicate thoughtfully, clearly, and professionally with customers.
- Manage a daily routine of service calls and perform repairs as assigned.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and adhere to assigned performance protocols.
- Complete reports and paperwork as needed for daily job tasks.
- Provide detailed reporting on equipment problems in the field.
- Maintain a proper inventory of spare parts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a mechanical or electrical maintenance/trade position
- Experience repairing fitness equipment is preferred, but not required; Full training provided.
- Candidates must possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license, a clean driving record and
successfully complete a background check, drug screening, and motor vehicle record check.
- Occasionally required to manipulate or lift awkward or heavy equipment
- Candidates must have a reliable vehicle commuting to the fieldwork sites.
- Techs are required to use their smartphone and hand tools.
Start at Part-time (20 – 25 hours per week/flexible schedule)
- $17 – $20/hr based on experience. Pay increases based on performances.
- Paid National Holidays.