Fitness Machine Technicians of Baltimore & DC is looking for Field Service Technicians to perform both repair and preventative maintenance on all brands of fitness equipment at locations throughout the Baltimore, DC and Northern Virginia area.
This position requires travel to commercial and consumer locations to make repairs and conduct preventative maintenance on fitness equipment. Field Service Technicians independently diagnose and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues with fitness equipment, perform scheduled preventative maintenance and complete timely and accurate documentation of the work performed. This role serves as Fitness Machine Technician’s ambassador to the customer and is responsible for developing and maintaining customer relationships. The Field Service Technician is committed to delivering on our promise of outstanding customer service.
Experience & Requirements:
- Mechanical/Electrical aptitude and experience working with hand tools required
- Logical approach to diagnosing mechanical/electrical problems
- Has a customer service orientation and takes an entrepreneurial approach to helping customers resolve problems with fitness equipment
- Intermediate level computer skills
- Communicates clearly both orally and in writing
- Occasionally required to manipulate or lift awkward or heavy equipment
- Experience maintaining and repairing fitness equipment is preferred, but not required. Full training is provided.
- Associate’s degree, high school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
Candidates must possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license, a clean driving record and successfully complete a background check, drug screening and motor vehicle record check. Candidates must have reliable transportation and will be required to use their own smartphone and hand tools. Some specialty tools provided.
Position begins Part-Time, developing into Full-Time, with a starting salary of $15/hour (plus commission) or more for experienced candidates. Pay will increase as you gain experience and manufacturer certifications.
Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Why Work Here? We have complete training programs, fun work atmosphere, and lots of room for growth!