Baltimore, MD & Washington, DC
Fitness Machine Technicians of Baltimore & DC is looking for Field Service Technicians to perform both repair and preventative maintenance on all brands of fitness equipment at locations throughout the Baltimore, DC and Northern Virginia area.
This position requires travel to commercial and consumer locations to make repairs and conduct preventative maintenance on fitness equipment. Field Service Technicians independently diagnose and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues with fitness equipment, perform scheduled preventative maintenance and complete timely and accurate documentation of the work performed. This role serves as Fitness Machine Technician’s ambassador to the customer and is responsible for developing and maintaining customer relationships. The Field Service Technician is committed to delivering on our promise of outstanding customer service.
- Perform general fitness equipment repairs with high attention to detail, including but not limited to: treadmill belt replacements, small drive motors, understand voltage readings on all components, replace equipment consoles, perform stationary bike calibrations and assemble equipment.
- Perform all electronic and mechanical troubleshooting and diagnostics of fitness equipment.
- Communicate thoughtfully, clearly and professionally with customers.
- Manage a daily routine of service calls and perform repairs as assigned.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and adhere to assigned performance protocols.
- Complete reports and paperwork as needed for daily job tasks.
- Provide detailed reporting on equipment problems in the field.
- Maintain a proper inventory of spare parts.
- Maintain company supplied vehicle in good working order.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical/Electrical aptitude and experience working with hand tools helpful
- Experience repairing fitness equipment is preferred, but not required; Full training provided
- Candidates must possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license, a clean driving record and successfully complete a background check, drug screening and motor vehicle record check.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation and will be required to use their own smartphone and hand tools. Some specialty tools provided.
Compensation: $15/hour for those with no experience in the industry, initial pay can be higher with experience that directly translates to higher qualifications. Pay will increase as you gain experience.
Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $23.00 per hour
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.