Fitness Machine Technicians of Portland Oregon is looking for technicians to perform both repair and preventative maintenance at fitness centers throughout Portland and the surrounding areas. This position requires travel to commercial and consumer locations to make repairs and conduct preventative maintenance on fitness equipment. Field technicians independently diagnose and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues with fitness equipment as well as perform scheduled preventative maintenance. This role serves as Fitness Machine Technician’s ambassador to the customer and is responsible for developing and maintaining customer relationships and is committed to delivering on our promise of outstanding customer service.
Experience & Requirements:
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude and experience working with hand tools required
- Logical approach to diagnosing mechanical/electrical problems
- Has a customer service orientation and takes an entrepreneurial approach to helping customers resolve problems with fitness equipment
- Intermediate level computer skills
- Communicates clearly both orally and in writing
- Occasionally required to manipulate or lift awkward or heavy equipment
- Experience maintaining and repairing fitness equipment is preferred, but not required. Full training provided.
- Associate’s degree, high school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- Candidates must possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license, a clean driving record and successfully complete a background check, drug screening and motor vehicle record check.
- Position begins part-time, with a starting salary of $15 an hour or more for experienced candidates.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation and will be required to use their own smartphone and hand tools.
Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter outlining interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.