Do you have mechanical and/or electrical experience? Do you enjoy working with your hands and fixing machines? Do you enjoy working with people and solving problems?
Fitness Machine Technicians Chicago is expanding and is looking for technicians to perform both repair and preventative maintenance for residential and commercial customers.
In the Fitness Technician role, you will travel to locations in Chicago and surrounding suburbs to perform preventative maintenance, installation or repair services on fitness equipment from a wide variety of manufacturers. Technicians independently diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve electrical and mechanical issues.
This role serves as Fitness Machine Technician’s ambassador to the customer and is responsible for developing and maintaining customer relationships and is committed to delivering on our promise of outstanding customer service.
- Perform general fitness equipment repairs with high attention to detail, including, but not limited to: treadmill belt replacements, small drive motors, understand voltage readings on all components, replace equipment consoles, and perform stationary bike calibrations
- Perform all electronic and mechanical troubleshooting and diagnostics of fitness equipment
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude and experience working with hand tools required
- Logical approach to diagnosing mechanical/electrical problems
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage a variety of tasks
- Has a customer service orientation and enjoys helping customers resolve problems with fitness equipment
- Ability to use a tablet for scheduling and job reports
- Communicates clearly both orally and in writing
- Complete reports and paperwork as needed for daily job tasks
- Occasionally required to manipulate or lift awkward or heavy equipment
- Experience maintaining and repairing fitness equipment is preferred, but not required. Full training provided.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- Candidates must be 21 years or older to apply
- Perform other duties as assigned
Candidates must possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license, a good driving record and successfully complete a background check and motor vehicle record check.
Travel to job sites will be done via a combination of company vehicle and personal auto. Use of personal vehicle for miles beyond getting to the office will be compensated at the government’s current mileage rate. Candidates must have reliable transportation to reach the office. Employees are expected to maintain company supplied vehicles in good working order.
Candidates will use their own hand tools. A company budget is available to supplement tools / repair tools.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the employee. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 per hour
- Minimum 5 years working in a mechanical or electrical maintenance / trade position
- Troubleshooting: minimum of 1 year
- Fitness machine repair, preferred, but not required
- Work Location: Greater Chicago areas. Majority of the time will be visiting customer locations.
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible schedule
- Paid training
- Working Days: Monday – Friday
- Hours per Week: Part – Full time
- Pay Frequency: Every 2 weeks
- This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Customer-oriented – ensure customer satisfaction
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative