San Antonio, TX
We are a fitness equipment repair company, looking for a technician.
We need a technician who can practically hit the ground running, making repairs on fitness equipment in customer’s homes and fitness facilities. This position requires travel to commercial and consumer locations to make repairs and conduct preventative maintenance on fitness equipment. Field technicians independently diagnose and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues with fitness equipment as well as perform scheduled preventative maintenance. This role serves as Fitness Machine Technicians ambassador to the customer and is responsible for developing and maintaining customer relationships and is committed to delivering on our promise of outstanding customer service.
MECHANICAL AND/OR ELECTRICAL EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED, but experience with fitness equipment is not required. FULL TRAINING PROVIDED by our company. We will teach you how to diagnose and fix problems.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Cell phone–smart phone is preferable.
- A wide assortment of mechanical hand tools.
- Experience working with a multimeter.
- Clean driving record (non-negotiable) and no criminal record.
NECEESSARY PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Honest, responsible, RELIABLE, efficient, neat appearance, hard worker.
- Extremely professional customer service, both on the phone and in person.
- Average computer abilities.
- Abundant experience working with hand tools.
- Organized, clear communicator.
- Logical and clear-minded approach to mechanical/electrical problems.
- Physical strength. This is not usually heavy labor, but on occasion you will need a lot of arm/back/leg strength, and the ability to move/manipulate awkward, heavy equipment by yourself.
- You must be teachable and a quick learner. Intelligence and organization is needed for this job.
Compensation: $17/hour for those with no experience in the industry. Pay will INCREASE as you gain experience.
Candidates must possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license, a clean driving record and successfully complete a background check, drug screening and motor vehicle record check.
Candidates must have reliable transportation and will be required to use their own smartphone and hand tools.