North Charlotte Greensboro and Durham, North Carolina
Exercise Equipment Technician
Fitness Machine Technicians of North Charlotte Greensboro and Durham is seeking Service Technicians that are self-motivated, responsible, hard-working, punctual, and organized. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and a willingness to work directly with customers to deliver superior customer service.
Service technicians independently diagnose and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues with fitness equipment as well as perform scheduled preventative maintenance. This position requires travel to commercial and consumer locations to make repairs and conduct preventative maintenance on fitness equipment. The Service Technician can be based anywhere between Charlotte and Durham.
- Perform general fitness equipment repairs with high attention to detail, including but not limited to: treadmill belt replacements, small drive motors, understand voltage readings on all components, replace equipment consoles and perform stationary bike calibrations.
- Perform all electronic and mechanical troubleshooting and diagnostics of fitness equipment.
- Communicate thoughtfully, clearly and professionally with customers.
- Manage a daily routine of service calls and perform repairs as assigned.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and adhere to assigned performance protocols.
- Complete reports and paperwork as needed for daily job tasks.
- Provide detailed reporting on equipment problems in the field.
- Maintain a proper inventory of spare parts.
- Maintain company supplied vehicle in good working order.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical/Electrical aptitude and experience working with hand tools helpful
- Candidates must be at least 21 years or older to apply
- Valid Driver License and clean driving record
- Daily local travel required
- A self-starter with highly developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage a variety of tasks
- Applicants must be able to pass a background check
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience repairing fitness equipment is required; Additional training provided as needed.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the employee. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Associate (Preferred)
- Electrical and Mechanical: 2 years (Required)
- Exercise Equipment Technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org